Note: If you hold a license in Florida, 26 hours of continuing education and a $60 renewal fee is required for each licensure biennium. If licensure is not renewed timely, additional delinquent fees and continuing education hours may apply. You may choose the following Renewal Options regarding your licensure IF your license is currently in a Clear/Active status. IF your license is in a Delinquent or Inactive status, you will need to contact the Customer Care Center (850) 488-0595 or email the Board office at: firstname.lastname@example.org for specific requirements, regarding the additional continuing education and fees required.
– Renew Clear/Active. Complete and confirm 26 continuing education hours in CE Broker (www.CEBroker.com) and submit a $60 renewal fee. Note: Continuing education hours must include 2 hours of a Florida OT Board approved Laws and Rules course, 2 hours Florida OT Board approved Medical Errors course, and a minimum of 14 “live” interactive hours (in real-time). Hours may be completed with interactive online courses. Interactive courses must allow the opportunity for interaction with presenter/host. Visit: www.flhealthsource.gov to complete this transaction online and receive licensure renewal confirmation.
– Renew Clear/Inactive: Renew your license into an Inactive status, by submitting a $60 renewal fee and selecting Clear/ Inactive status. This status will “hold” a license for later reactivation, however, is not intended for a long-term status. Because you choose not to work in Florida, does not mean your license must be in an Inactive status. This is not the purpose for this status. Continuing education requirements and renewal fees continue to accrue for the biennial period you renewed Inactive and for each licensure biennial period in which the license remains in an Inactive status. To Reactivate from the Inactive status, a $100 reactivation fee, along with any delinquent renewal fees, and if you choose to reactivate outside of a renewal window, a $50 change of status fee is required. This is not a status valid to work in Florida. It is unlawful to practice your profession in Florida with an Inactive status license.
– Renew Retired. Submit a Retired fee of $50 and request/select Retired. You may renew a Retired license at any time by paying a $60 renewal fee and submit proof of 26 hours of continuing education for the biennial period you renewed into a Retired status and for each licensure biennial period in which the licensee remained in a Retired status. If you choose to renew outside of a renewal period, an additional $50 change of status fee is required. This is not a status valid to work in Florida. It is unlawful to practice your profession in Florida on a Retired status license.
– Not Renew or change licensure status. You may choose to not do anything at this time, and your license will go into a Delinquent Status after the renewal deadline. (NOTE: this is not a derogatory status, only means your license has not been renewed). This is not a status valid to work in Florida. It is unlawful to practice your profession in Florida on a delinquent license. To renew a delinquent license, you will be required to complete the CE requirements and submit a $55 delinquent fee, along with the past renewal fee $60 ($115), if submitted prior to the next renewal deadline. After a second non-renewed biennium period, the license will go into a Null and Void status. A Null and Void license cannot be renewed or reactivated.
– Voluntarily Relinquish. You may choose to send in a written request to voluntarily relinquish your license to the Board email address at: email@example.com stating your request is not due to any disciplinary reasons. Should you ever desire to work and need another license in Florida you would be required to re-apply for licensure.